In this episode, we talk to Jon Stolpe about his new book, Rooftop Reflections, his passion for helping orphans and widows and how to live an extraordinary life.
From the interview…
- Some of our favorite sports memories. (Jon surely has a new one to add after the recent Eagles Super Bowl victory 🙂
- One of Jon’s current favorite books: Play the Man by Mark Batterson. He’s using it in his men’s mastermind group, the Stretched Men Group
Stretched Men Group (www.stretchedmengroup.com):
- Jon’s passion for helping men become better fathers, husbands and leaders
- Why Jon decided to start a mastermind group
- How you can get help with your own passion project at www.washburnwriter.com
About the book and Jon’s trips to Guatemala:
- What inspired Jon to write Rooftop Reflections. His trip to Guatemala, morning time on the roof, videos, journaling
- Why Jon turned a missions trip into a book.
- What Jon wants readers to get out of the book. To be challenged, catch his vision for building 100 houses in Guatemala. Find out more at www.rooftopreflections.com. Wanting people to be drawn into something extraordinary
- “Is this all there is?”
- Jon’s early desire for missions work.
- His wife’s illness, how it impacted their trip and changed how he viewed future missions chances.
- How God changed that and Jon ended up in Guatemala. Blessings of giving friends and building homes.
- Jon’s family’s adventures and love for Guatemala.
- What it’s like there. How Jon stands out (literally).
- Warmth of Guatemalan people.
- Widows’ situation and hope.
- The challenge of coming back and sharing the vision with others.
- Jon, Bilbo, and a great quest.
- How to live an extraordinary life.
- Just take the next step. Start by helping people in your community. Just launch your project. Overcoming the paralysis of analysis.
- Find someone who can share your dream. Mastermind with others.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Rooftop Reflections website (www.rooftopreflections.com). Find out more about Jon and his book, as well as links to get your own copy and help build houses in Guatemala.
- Stretched Men Group website (www.stretchedmengroup.com). If you’re a man who wants to take the next step as a husband, father or leader, you’ll benefit greatly from what Jon provides in each Stretched Men Group mastermind. Check out the website for more information and to reach out to Jon.
- Jon Stolpe Stretched blog (www.jonstolpe.com). This is Jon’s personal blog, where he shares great thoughts on leadership, faith, family and stretching out of your comfort zone.
- Play the Man book by Mark Batterson.
Where else to find Jon online:
[Disclaimer: some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase]